Definition of Nonprofit Organization- An established, tax-exempt, organization that is usually private (separate from government), voluntary, and for the benefit of the public. Donors are also tax-exempt. Examples are religious congregations, foundations, service providers (health, education, social, etc.).
List of local nonprofits that interest me:
Social Service Nonprofits:
1. Refuge of Love, Inc.
2. Osceola HOME (Helping Others Make an Effort)
3. Children’s Advocacy Center for Osceola County
4. Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
5. Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida
Religious/ Social Service:
6. Iglesia Nueva Vida 3 (New Life Church)
7. Life in the Son Ministries, Inc.
Education/ Social Service:
8. Florida Literacy Coalition
9. A Gift for Teaching
10. Healthy Start Coalition of Osceola County